1. Working with the room leader to prepare and maintain equipment, materials and the environment as required.
2. Making children’s thinking and learning visible – portfolios and documentation, engaging in reflective practice, assessment to enrich children’s learning and creating collaborative partnerships.
3. Providing a safe and hygienic environment for children.
4. Supporting the room leader and director or manager by providing any feedback, information and issues of concern, this will contribute to the ongoing improvement of the program.
5. To work with the room leader to deliver a high quality, inclusive and educational program, and provide the children with a secure nurturing environment.
6. Liaise and co-operate with all educators regarding the needs of the children in care.
7. Maintain direct and open communication channels with other educators.
8. Assist and support students on placement at the school.