• Leading designer eyewear e-retailer worldwide (www.smartbuyglasses.com)
• Multicultural team representing over 20 nationalities
• Fast growing, dynamic and young company culture
Motion Global operates the SmartBuyGlasses Optical Group, the world’s leading designer eyewear e-retailer. With operations across Asia Pacific, Europe and Americas, Motion Global’s portfolio of domain properties are market leaders in over 30 countries & 15 languages worldwide. With over 160 employees, we retail the world’s best eyewear brands including Ray-Ban, Tom Ford, Gucci and many more. SmartBuyGlasses has a young, international and entrepreneurial culture that promotes fast career progression and self-development. Passionate and effective employees are usually promoted quickly to managerial positions, operating teams with high degrees of responsibility.
For more information see motionglobal.com & smartbuyglasses.cn. SmartBuyGlasses recently won the Westpac AustCham Entrepenurial Award and was featured on Bloomberg.
We are looking for an experienced Merchandising Specialist to join our merchandising department.
Your job responsibilities will include:
• Maintain and update our international designer catalogue of over 170+ brands and +80,000 products
• Managing a team of 5 staff in Shanghai Merchandising team; Manage team of photographers in Hong Kong and Italy office.
• Initially use Microsoft Excel for product information integration and data analysis over time move to data-feeds and data-analytics to refresh the catalogue
• Coordinate with IT and other departments to effectively load new and remove old products from the websites
• Internet product research on Google and Baidu to gather product information
• Represent the department as an internal fashion and trends subject matter expert
• Sequence and monitor site and make changes based on inventory, web sales, and popularity of the product; update consistently based on inventory, newness, and sales trends
• Stay abreast of trends in market and competitor by price analyzing, market research; make recommendations to drive business growth
• Research and develop local suppliers for house brands
• Other tasks assigned by the Merchandising Manager